Sunday 13 May 2012

Ace Cafe


A UK Ulyssean, Frank, whom we met when he visited Australia a couple of years ago and again when we came to England last year, lives about 20 minutes from the Ace Café on the North Circular in northern London, so I had arranged for him to show me how to get there. A friend who lives in Merimbula gave me an Ace Café badge several months ago, so I had to go there when I had a chance to legitimise it.
I met Frank at the Toddington Services on the M1 motorway and we hammered down the M1 and then round the North Circular to the Café.

It was BMW Day today, so about 30% of the hundreds of bikes that came and went while we were there were beemers, some of them dating from the 60’s and possibly earlier. Three other UK Ulysseans turned up and Frank and I also had a long chat with Linda who with her husband Barry, owns of the Café. If you want to know more about the Ace Cafe see www.ace-cafe-london.com.

Frank and I then rode to Windsor with the intention of having lunch there. But little did we know that there’s a pageant on there today and this evening to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee, and the place was absolutely packed, so we meandered back towards Milton Keynes and after he had put me on the right road he headed home himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment